“Leuven. An ancient city, alive as can be.”
No other city in Flanders appeals so much to one’s imagination as this glorious university city. Walk with us through its very rich patrimony and enjoy the friendly, Burgundian city culture.
This culinary walk gives you a taste of Leuven, the city vibrating with beer and fun. Under the guidance of an experienced guide, you will cross the city and visit 4 restaurants for an aperitif, a starter, a main course and a dessert.
During the walk, the guide will tell you all about the rich past of Leuven and her inhabitants as well as the age-old animosity between Leuven and Brussels. On the Big Market you can admire the beautiful, gothic town hall. On the Old Market, also known as the longest bar of the world, you will meet the ‘Kotmadam’ which is a statue of a lady who represents all the ladies that rent a room to the many students of the city. The Big Beguinage, awarded UNESCO world inheritance since 2000, cannot be missed either.
Come with us and get a taste of Leuven!
- Duration of the guided culinary tour: 3-4 hours
- Groups of minimum 15. Large groups will be split up into smaller groups of ±25 persons
- Meeting point: Statue ‘Fonske’ on Fochplein
- Price: €70 per person (from 20 people) + a single administration cost of €25
- Extra cost of €35 per guide if you want another language than Dutch, French or English
- These prices are 21% VAT exclusive
Included: guided tour through Leuven by an experienced guide, an aperitif, starter, main course, 3 glasses of wine or beer or soft drinks and coffee or tea with a dessert to end the evening.