- The history of human kind started out in a green environment of woods & fields. Thus we have a natural perception of the color green which stands for security. That’s why, for example the green traffic light means safety,so GO… you can drive.
- Green is the colour of tranquility, peace and hope
- You may think that Brussels is not so green, but it has more than 8000 acres of green spaces such as parks, woods, the Zoniënwoud, sportfields, etc. This means 50% of the district is green!
- Brussels is the 5th European Green Capital with 27square metres of green per inhabitant. The jury of the “European Green Capital” announced the finalists: out of 18 participating capitals, Bristol, Copenhagen and Frankfurt received the highest ranking. Brussels made it to the 5th place on the list and herewith scores better than Vienna, Ghent and Antwerp.
- There are more than 50 gardens and parks in Brussels, info and maps: http://www.ecli.net/rbc/_private/cadrecentre.asp?LG=nl
- The event hall ‘Ancienne Belgique’ has integrated a system of reusable drinking cups during concerts.
- Green celebrities… These days more and more celebrities introduce a green cosmetic product, build a house with solar panels, encourage the use of biological fuel, become vegetarian etc… The greener the better. After have used all the posibilities to profile themselves as a good, loving and caring person, stars they now start their ‘green crusade’. Green is HOT!
- Green tea helps to detox our body and scientists have discovered that tea also helps to prevent stress on the condition that you drink at least 5 cups a day. The powerful antioxidant properties that green tea contains results from the presence of numerous polyphenols.
- One of the hardest aspects of the realistic painting of a landscape is to use the right colour green. The human eye can notice a very small nuance in different greens, in contrast to other colors.
The history of human kind started out in a green environment of woods & fields. Thus we have a natural perception of the color green which stands for security. That’s why, for example the green traffic light means safety, so GO… you can drive.